10 December, 2007

weekend update

A weekend of arts and culture included:

Lunch and DESSERT at Cafe Sabarsky (at the Neue Gallery) for my mom's bday and other family in town.
What I tasted (along with 8 other family members):
Goulash, chestnut soup, mini-sandwiches, coffee, SACHERTORT, Mozarttorte, linzertort, apfelstrudel (I recommend the torts more than this, even though I was REALLY in the mood for some warm apple cake. Nay. It was cold. And no vanilla ice cream a la mode--it was pure whipped cream--which was tasty, but I just wanted something else).

What I saw:
A Christmas Carol (updated with a Ms. Scrooge, all women cast, and my cousin's NY acting debut) at the Secret Theatre in Queens.
The Klimt exhibit at the Neue Gallery
The Seurat drawings exhibit at Moma plus a quick walk through my other favorite galleries including Kandisky and Matisse (although my fave Matisse is still at his tiny museum in France).
The Drowsy Chaperone on Broadway (oh, I could discuss this for AGES)...with BOB SAGET.

Where ELSE I ate:
2nd street cafe, park slope (umm, pumpkin ravioli anyone?) and a nice bottle of Cab.
Tempo, park slope (a lovely and cheap breakfast)
La Familia (2nd and 90th, I think), Italian style gooood food- including portobello salad.
The Chocolate/coco bar (or something like that) Park slope (amazing raspberry chocolate tort thingie)

What ELSE I did:
Walk all around NYC with friends from out of town--meaning, we had to see the Tree at Rockefeller Center, (including the madding crowds), the lights at Cartier, Tiffany, all of the other huge stores that decorate for Xmas, a walk through the park (in the freezing cold), a coaching (yes, still time to get voice-face-time in this weekend), and talking until all hours of the night about life and love with 2 best friends.

Today: Audition, competition.
Back to reality.

No comments: