03 October, 2007

back in the saddle again

First real audition in a while yesterday.

Went really well. Sang a starter piece that I haven't used it at least 2 years.
I was actually excitedly nervous about it! But the love shown through.
So I give it like a 8.9 or 9 due to the fact that I sang and acted it well but it felt like a comfy old college sweatshirt that I was putting on after finding it in the back of my closet years after graduation. That's not a bad thing, it just didn't feel like this new shiny thing that I had worked on recently to perfect.

I should try to set up some coachings while I'm here, decide what things I'm auditioning for that aren't mainstage, and really try to come up with more of the plan a, plan b, kind of stuff, instead of just have it in my head as this possibility of things I can do IF such and such does or does not happen.

But for now, relaxing, letting the previous show go, thinking about the next few auditions coming up, and just excited to be in the big apple again.

No comments: