19 July, 2011

No Peeking

Today's practice session started with a nap. It was 3:30pm and I suddenly got super tired (probably from ExOrSize-ing for an hour and then not drinking enough water/fruit juice combo after it), so I decided to take a 30 minute nap until 4 - the end of 'quiet hours'.
That turned into getting up groggy at 5pm.
BUT I warmed up for about 10 minutes, and then sang through ALL of Zerb.
And tried to test myself to see how much is memorized 'for real' and not 'for fake'.

I had to peek three times in the first act for some short little recit lines, plus a good chunk of that first aria/duet still needs to feel more comfortable before I can do it without the score.
Three times in the 2nd act for short recit-y things.

That's not bad at all. I can work on the sections I peeked at most likely by typing them out and carrying them around with me for the next few months.

I'm doing the same for upcoming-German-Opera and am making SOME progress, (ie, first 3 numbers learned/memorized....5 more to go).

Have I mentioned I don't like the memorizing part of all of this?
Off to walk around the block with my typed out recit in hand.

No comments: