07 August, 2006

no business like show....

What I did on our day off:
Wake up at 10:30 and call my "OPs" (opera parents) who invited me out for lunch the day before to say, yes, I'd come over.
Rolled around in bed and fell asleep until 11:30, got up, showered, went to lunch from 12:30-2.
Got back and spent the good part of the afternoon cleaning my room, and trying to download someone else's ipod onto my itunes (after ipodrip and extractor didn't work, senuti did), listened to Baby Doe for a while, fell asleep at 6pm, woke up at 7:30 realizing I had only eaten a small chicken salad all day, hung around in the kitchen with the girls trying to figure out what to eat and also if I was going to see the 9:45 showing of Devil Wears Prada, decided to have a bagel and peanut butter at 9:25 and still made the movie, got back and googled the conductor who I'm going to sing for tomorrow, and now am procrastinating on sleep because I feel like somewhere somewhere should be writing me an email update about their life, but they aren't.

The point of the title of this post was actually to say there's no business like the business of showbusiness...
I have once again happily been taking on the role of coach/manager of life and music for some people here...it really makes me feel good to help other people with some of the things I know about this business in my few years of having contact with professional companies, and my year or so of working for one, grantwriting, and being in real business situations otherwise.

The only problem is, I have a huge to-do, to-write, to-email list of people for my OWN business purposes and somehow I can't get motivated to get that done.

It would be sooo easy just to write the form email and then individually tailor. That's ALL I have to do, but I just feel not in the mood. I even actually have things to say..I suppose I just don't have that buttery business smile in the back of my head to guide my "I'm not doing this just to network, I really care, but by the way, here's what I've been doing and here's what I have coming up" email.

There's always tomorrow.
g

No comments: