01 July, 2008

piano dress

Made it through this time!
We had to stop for scene changes and quick change problems a few times..but otherwise things went smoothly. (MY quick changes were fine--EVEN with a brand new costume--they didn't like the first dress--and may I just say, HOORAY for cleavage!)
Tomorrow is orch. dress and we open on Thursday (no dark day--cuz that's just how we roll--plus it's the 4th of July weekend--and seriously, who is coming to see an opera instead of going to see the fireworks?).
I went into tonight actually pretty moody due to 2 things that were on my mind about my character and my performance, that for my personal best--I felt like I needed to do better.
I was proactive about making sure I was fixing them and getting the right feedback from the right people about whether the change made a difference in character, voice, etc.
It did, I get it...got it...good.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It's so cool to read about the rehearsal process from your perspective. I'm going through the same series of rehearsals a few days behind you - tech yesterday, piano dress tomorrow. As a super I spend more time waiting around during rehearsals than anyone else. Thank goodness for the iPhone and free wi-fi in the theater. Are there supers in your production? Bring them cookies on opening night! :) ;)