17 July, 2008

jet lagged but i don't care

because I just spent a glorious morning and early afternoon on a white sandy beach with cool green-blue water reflecting the sun's perfect rays!


Ok, before I forget, next time you travel internationally, fly continental's new jets!
WHY?
Because I had 337 (and that is not an approximate number) movies to choose from ON DEMAND in the tv screen in front of me.
New releases, classics, tv shows, drama, comedy, kids, you name it--it was there.
The bbc version of Pride and Prejudice--YES.
Aladdin- YES.
Meet me in St. Louis- YES.

And I could start whenever I wanted, pause while I was readjusting my pillow or my cramped leg position, and exit to another movie if I was bored.

And thanks to the small children sitting behind me and kicking the back of my seat (accidentally, but enough times to be annoying), I didn't get any sleep on the 11 hour flight--SO I watched 5 movies straight and then one episode of 30Rock.

Also, in case you were wondering where to get a red white and blue salt and pepper shaker, don't miss out on Newark airport's store called " AMERICA ! "
Yes, it's called America. with an exclamation point.

And it has everything and anything patriotic, flag-painted, and star spangled that you can imagine.

I walked by, laughed out loud, and then took out my journal and simply wrote:
Jul.14: America!

No comments: