24 July, 2006

energy

Our second show/closing night performance was this evening.
We had a break since Friday, and it being Monday and all, I think many of us were still sleeping off the weekend, or wishing that they had some more time to have a weekend.
Now, no one ever wishes low energy upon a show. But you pretty much know when the call is at 6:40 and you roll out of your afternoon nap at 6:05, not having eaten or warmed up, that it's going to be a long night.
I was actually able to pull it together, eat, warm up, feel good vocally, and muster up the energy to go out onstage and give something.
But the whole show just felt a bit under. The orchestra was just a little out of it, the tempi were...well, slower in some spots, faster in some spots, people made little flubs and it just felt not so tight.
How do you prevent that? Are there singers/personalities that can just go onstage and everything is light and bright and everyone all of a sudden gets excited to be there and be making this music and drama?
I know that I can do that for myself, but I'm not sure it can inspire anyone else around me...at least it didn't seem to tonight.

The review of the Friday show was very good to everyone, and I even got a very nice review for the Queen in concert as well.

Now I'm officially finished with the bulk of my mainstage assignments here this summer. I actually have a rep coaching tomorrow, and I can look forward to the Revue, a lighter chorus, some dancing, and mostly working on my own music, and the scenes for the end of the program.

-g

No comments: