19 June, 2008

day 6 finale

Surprisingly there is not as much running around as I thought there would be.
I'm the maid, I'm the Dr., I deliver asides as the maid dressed as the doctor (and sounding like the maid), and I interject as the doctor.
A little upstage, a little downstage, some magnets, and presto- we have a finale that is crisp and to the point. And may I add, funny.
There is always a point in rehearsal (after 6 full days and no time off) where everyone starts to get a little silly.
We definitely had out moments today, breaking down into laughter with this physical joke, that second glance, and many interjections once things just got to the point of no return.
I'm glad we found some levity after working hard and then getting it right.
Tomorrow and Saturday- full day.
Sunday- day off!

2 comments:

Susan said...

From maid to doctor to maid... are we talking about Despina? I was working on 'Una donna...' for a while before my teacher and I decided to put it on the back burner for a bit.

I think I mentioned this before - I love reading about rehearsals and stuff in your blog. :) Feel free to come read my perspective as a super in my blog. :)

me said...

Yep, Despinetta it is :)