09 June, 2007

shakin' that thing part one maybe

Ok,
So I got over the "ouch my most of me" from yesterday.
Today I did the workout dvd again, and this time I was able to do about 37 out of the 54 minutes.
NOT a bad improvement from feeling like I want to pass out at 20 minutes last time, PLUS I didn't skip any sections like I did two days ago (squats and lunges- I hate you so).

Will I really get on a kick of trying to do this every other day? Or maybe even EVERY day ? (gasp!)

Well, I suppose it depends on how I feel tomorrow, doesn't it now!

The reason I worked out today is simple. Pure guilt.
We had a cookout last night with all the cousins and their husbands and the little ones, and although I was able to curb my pita intake, I could NOT curb my most favorite childhood dessert intake- I hadn't seen this cake since my grandmother made it for us when I was probably less than age 8.

Ugat Biskvitim.

I know- sounds like something Borat would call his sister-in-law, but actually it's a most delicious frozen chocolate/sugar/crushed biscuit delicacy. YUM. I had many more pieces than necessary.

And weirdly enough, I happened to see what my progress in kilos was today. It's so much LESS exciting when you lose about a kilo as opposed to 2.2 pounds, because you're still the same "big" number--only the decimal point changes.
So after gorging myself on the cake and other fine foods, I was down 3/4 of a kilo. Not bad for not trying at all.
Maybe with the workout thing and trying to curb my insatiable appetite for the cuisine of this region I'll get closer to that magic number that is under a certain number.

So today's lesson is:
Project 'Shake that thing' is really not that hard. I have the time to do it. And it's not as bad as I think it will be right before I decide to start the dvd, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be when I finish the dvd.

And maybe I'll still get to eat all the Ugat Biskvitim that I want IF I shake that thing ;)

No comments: